8.22.2009

a camping we will go..


On weekends with predicted perfect weather - our first inclination is to go camping. We visited Clinton lake for the first time this season and stayed in one of our favorite campgrounds. The night was just as perfect as we expected it to be - beautiful weather, fun bubbles, treats by the fire.... bliss.



And, then the kids went to bed. Mama and Daddy enjoyed some adult time, staying up too late as we always do. Only to wake up at butt-crack of night to a little boy wide awake.



After attempting to ignore you, I finally pulled you in bed with me hoping we'd both sleep together. You took this as an invitation to play, poke, crawl, bounce, screech, SIGH. I did my best to keep you quite for a few hours and then tried putting you back in the pack & play, where you sleep. No go. Back into bed with me...and several grumpy hours later, you went back to dreamland. I was squashed at the edge of the bed, propped on my side and stiff after just a short time. But, this is how we slept until 9:00 a.m. when we all woke up groggy and grumpy.



We are not looking forward to putting you back in the pack & play!! You have exceeded it's limits, and I assure you there is really no way for you to be comfortable in it. Looks like we're back to the drawing board on suitable sleeping arrangements while camping!!!

No comments: